Hind dollarites | Hind Bitcoinides
- Coincheck Eliminates Trading of Privacy Coins, Cites AML
- Korbit delists Dash, Monero (XMR) and ZCash (ZEC) as Asia turns against privacy coins
- DASH, Monero, Stellar Lumens, Tron, Litecoin Technical Analysis (May 21)
- Monero Original Trading Up 1.7% Over Last Week (XMO)
- Boycott of Changelly Results In Delisting of Monero (XMR)
Monero (XMR) is an open-source cryptocurrency created in April 2014 that focuses on privacy and decentralization that runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and FreeBSD. Monero uses a public ledger to record transactions while new units are created through a process called mining. Monero aims to improve on existing cryptocurrency design by obscuring sender, recipient and amount of every transaction made as well as making the mining process more egalitarian.
The focus on privacy has attracted illicit use by people interested in evading law enforcement. The egalitarian mining process made it viable to distribute the mining effort opening new funding avenues for both legitimate online publishers and malicious hackers who covertly embed mining code into websites and apps.