- Indian exchange Coindcx launches lending program; will support five cryptocurrencies
- CoinAll Launches a 10000 USDT New-User Campaign to Expand Community
- South Korea’s Bithumb Becomes World’s Largest Crypto Exchange by Total Volume in February …
- TRON (TRX) News: TRX dApp Volume Trumps Ethereum and EOS; Gets Listed on Dubai’s ADAX …
- FREE Coin Price Changed by 12.5 percent
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.