- Tether (USDT) at $1.00207: Daily Volume Hits $2441140000
- OKEx Exchange Token OKB Price up Over 100% in May
- Cryptocurrency Investor Check: Tether (USDT) Trading at $1.00145
- Tether (USDT) Mints New Tokens as Competition In Stable Coins Heats Up
- NEO Price Clings to Positive Momentum Before Markets Take Another Beating
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.