- Stablecoin news – Are stablecoins to cryptocurrency what gold is to Fiat?
- Stablecoin Purchases Surged Amid Wednesday’s Crypto Market Drop
- USDC news – Can USDC really compete with Tether (USDT)?
- Tether (CRYPTO:USDT) Price Down 0.6% Over Last 7 Days
- Havven to Distribute 50 Million HAVeos Tokens to HAVeth Holders
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.