- Tether (USDT) Crypto Drops to $0.998588: Down -0.04% on Exchanges in the Last Day: 24-hour …
- Tether (USDT) Reaches One Day Volume of $2.03 Billion
- Bitcoin, Stellar See Massive Gains Following Launch of IBM’s ‘Stable Coin’
- CME Report Says Trade Volume in Bitcoin Futures up 90%+ in Second Quarter
- Tether 24 Hour Volume Hits $3.10 Billion (USDT)
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.