- Tether (USDT) Reaches 24-Hour Trading Volume of $2.77 Billion
- LinkEye Price Changed by -2.98 Today
- New Study Claims Tether (USDT) Did Not Impact Bitcoin (BTC) Prices Significantly
- Study Finds “No Evidence” of USDT Price Manipulation
- Research Report: No Evidence That Tether (USDT) Issuances Lead to Bitcoin Price Rises
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.