- A list of stablecoins you need to know about
- Binance Futures to open trading for XLM/<b>USDT</b> perpetual contracts
- Binance Adds Chainlink (LINK) to Its Futures Platform
- Bitcoin Price Ready to Push Above Key Resistance to Hit $10000
- Tether afirma que está de acuerdo con la fusión de las demandas colectivas en su contra
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.