- Crypto.com Launches Margin Trading
- ETH/<b>USDT</b> trend analysis: Ethereum ranges at $600 mark as the crypto-market decides its future
- Decentralized Finance: What's Hot in Q4 2020
- Tether (<b>USDT</b>) is nearing $20 billion market valuation
- PayPal's Bitcoin Adoption Expands PAX Stablecoin by $100 Million
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.