- 3x leveraged ETFs now available on CoinTiger
- Tether (<b>USDT</b>) is Resilient regardless of who says what per Paolo Ardoino
- Recent Market Crash Has Traders Jumping to Stablecoins Like Tether (<b>USDT</b>) To Reduce Losses
- TronWallet Rolls Out 3.2 Version with Ethereum (ETH) Swaps, Multiple Accounts, and Other Features
- BitMEXodus: Bitcoin Supply On BitMEX Plummets 23% In Two Weeks Following March's ...
Tether is a cryptocurrency that’s meant to be backed one-for-one by the US dollar. The idea is to have the price stability of the dollar combined with the operational ability of a cryptocurrency. It’s what people in the crypto world call a “stable coin.”
The cryptocurrency was created in 2015, originally called Realcoin, and there is $2 billion-worth of so-called USDT in circulation today, according to industry data source CoinMarketCap.com. It was hit by a $31 million hack last November.