Eestis on viimasel ajal pead tõstmas uus trend – Onecoin. Minult on palju küsitud arvamust selle süsteemi kohta ning nüüd olen valmis oma arvamust avaldama.
Olen ise tutvunud Onecoiniga, vaadanud läbi mõned videod, kohtunud Eesti liidri Avoga, teinud taustauuringut ning saanud tehnilisemad vastused oma küsimustele Onecoini globaalselt liidrilt Rujalt (avaldatud artikli all). Kogu selle info põhjal pean ütlema, et mina ei soovita sinna süsteemi sisse astuda. Miks? Vaatame lähemalt.
Kuskilt Bulgaariast pärit üksikisik, kelle peale kogu au fokusseeritakse ja kes n.ö. vastutab kogu asja eest, Ruja Ignatova. Ok, pangandustaust on tal tõesti ilmselt muljetavaldav kuid tänases startupi maailmas on pigem tiim ja koostöö tähtis, mitte üksikisik. Ettevõte on registreeritud maksude optimeerimiseks kuskile Gibraltarile. Tiimis kokku ca 40 inimest, kellest 5 on arendajad Indiast. Üldiselt on nad pigem suletud kui läbipaistvad. Veebileht on ebaturvaline (HTTP), domeen on registreeritud privaatselt ning tiimi kontaktid kõik peidetud.
Nad teevad uut panka ning on appi võtnud seejuures 2 innovaatilist ideed. MLM (MultiLevelMarketing) skeemiga, mis on vägagi muljetavaldav ning progessiivne, värbavad nad oma tulevasele loodavale pangale uusi kliente ning Onecoin nimelise krüptorahaga soovivad nad tulevikus arveldama hakata.
Kõigist eelnevatest järeldan, et nende väide “Onecoin on uus bitcoini killer” on minu hinnangul äärmiselt ebatõenäoline.
Kui me pisut võrdleme neid kahte süsteemi:
Bitcoini üks põhilisi edu põhjuseid ongi tema detsentraliseeritus ning avatud kood.
Kokkuvõtteks on kindlasti võimalik Onecoini skeemiga lühikeses perspektiivis teenida kuid päris kindlasti mitte pikas perspektiivis. Katsetada ja proovida soovitan alati aga kaaluge ka palun riske ja olgem ettevaatlikud. Hetkel on nad Bitcoini killerist väga kaugel ja neil on kõvasti veel tööd vaja teha. http://www.onecoin.eu/
PS: Minuni on jõudnud Onecoini müügimeestelt kuulujutud sellest, kuidas ma olevat ise juba Onecoini investeerinud. Need kuulujutud ei vasta tõele.
Ruja Ignatova vastused:
I have one question, that many people have asked: Why www.onecoin.eu is not using HTTPS security?
We use https for all payments. for the rest it is not necessary and makes very difficult loading from Asia
1. So as I understand, Onecoin is mainly centralised cryptocurrency? Centralised mining, centralised blockchain and centralised public exchange? Which components of the Onecoin system are decentralised?
OneCoin will have two phases in development. One is “centralized” while we mine. As we sell the mining rights we have to make sure that everyone who pays let us say 100 EUR also receives the same amount of coins as someone who pays 100 EUR too. So in the beginning we will mine for the network. Once we reach a good development and number of coins, we will open the exchange for other people. The end goal is to make the whole coin public so people can trade on all exchanges, but it has to be fair to the network. We are discussing now with some of the big names if they can audit the blockchain – so that the members and people outside have trust in it
2. This is more philosophical question maybe but you are saying that one of the main reason why Bitcoin is bad, is his decentralised form, many exchanges and because of that volatility and lack of liquidity? In my opinion, volatility is very normal in small mass of usage like Bitcoin today is, compared with fiat currencies. But it has already improved as the usage and trading numbers getting bigger. You think, that you solve liquidity and volatility with centralised exchange? So basically you’ll make another central bank which has theoretical possibilities to control or even change the price, limit transaction or other kind of activities? If so, then how are those possibilities avoided?
Now one of the big issues in my opinion is that Bitcoin’s target group is an elite. This are either peple who are very sophisticated (IT knowledge) or people who have enough money to diversify in other assets. It is not a coin for “small” people. So in my opinion targeting this target group and making the coin useable can create liquidity to the market. In the beginning we need the central exchange, as we cannot reach the numbers of bitcoin within a short time if we do not do any central planning, marketing and education of people
3. How you are doing KYC?
This is the benefit of the centralized approach we choose in the beginning. KYC is done on our website. Whoever takes out more than 2.500 EUR of the system needs to upload the needed documents
4. Who holds the private keys of the Onecoin? Onecoin company, or user itself?
Currently the company
5. What consensus method are in used to process the transactions? Is it POW, POS, POB or something else or is it any? If not, is a mining somehow related with consensus algorithm at all?
6. About mining difficulty. In Onecoin presentation has said that mining difficulty depends on the amount of the onecoins has already mined. So it doesn’t depend amount of mining computation resource? How is regulated variable computation resource and algorithm difficulty then? I mean, how is regulated calculation time of the mining problem?
I am not sure I understand the question here correctly. We definitely try to explain the topics as simple as we can for the network as most people do not understand the technical background – can we specify the question
7. How much will be transaction time of the Onecoin transactions? Confirming time?
8. How opensourced the whole project is? I haven’t see any github, codes or any other technical materials. One of the main Bitcoin success reasons was its opensource form and big community behind that. If you are closed then how you plan to get together the critical coin usage mass?
see answer on point 1
9. Why you don’t accept Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrencies as a payment method? They are not support by KYC is a wrong answer 🙂
We are thinking about this actually – but until now there has been no demand for this from the members
10. Regarding the MLM system, as I understand, the main product what you are actually selling is the educational materials?